Ragemasta has recently released RageBreak, a free tool that allows any iPhone 4 users to jailbreak the OS7, used by their devices. The software uses opensOw as a jailbreaking tool, designed to be more developer friendly. Sadly, due to use of Geohot`s Limer1n, which surfaced the internet before the release of iOS4, the tool works exclusively on iPhone 4.
It is well known that, at some point, the users of this specific device will feel the urge to install free apps denied by Apple, in order to boost the experience of using their iPhone4.
In contrast to the untethered solution provided by Evad3ers, this software requires a connection with a PC that is running Windows. Despite some bugs reported in some cases, the majority of users, used it without encountering real problems.
Before Jailbreaking iOS7 you must have the RageBrake software and you can download it here .
After downloading RageBrake.exe file you must follow the next steps for getting the job done:
- Use (JDK) link to download and install the Java Development Kit.
- Download iOS 7.0.4 firmware and install it on your device.
- Go to the RageBrake download location and open it. (If it doesn`t open it means that downloading apps from any source is denied. To undo that follow the next steps: go to System prefs, Security and Privacy. Then click on General tab and select Allow apps downloaded from anywhere).
- Type 1 and press enter as the terminal opens.
- Connect your iPhone to the computer and enable the Device Firmware Upgrade mode (DFU). This can be done by pressing and holding both the home and the power button at the same time for 10 seconds and then release only the power button for 10 seconds more.
- When Java starts, go to the ragebrake.sh and press enter.
- When asked, type the alpineas password and press the enter key.
- Put the device in DFU mode again when finished.
- Select your device model and boot it.
- After the device is rebooted, go to RageBrake, type 5 and press enter key.
- Follow the instructions and after selecting your model put the device once again in DFU mode.
Beside Windows, RageBrake requires 32bit Java and .NET frameworks installed on your computer.
In case you encounter 404 or any .net errors do the following: go to c:/jb to put your device in DFU mode, run the ssh file provided by them, wait the phone to reboot and get into restore mode. Go to opensnOw directory, under c:/jb/ and run .bat file to boost Apple device. Due to the tethered solution that Jailbreak uses, the process requires some experience to execute and can take a long time also. In case of an untethered Jailbreak the steps would have been easier and safer to handle.
Please provide us feedback regarding the process described above and also about the Jailbreak using experience.